Success Through Research and Investigation in Various Environments
STRIVE is an alternative middle school program for students in grades 7-8 and ALC 9 is for 9th grade. Featuring individualized attention, hands-on learning, and a variety of teaching methods, STRIVE and ALC 9 are designed to reach all learners - especially those who struggle in traditional schools.
STRIVE and ALC 9 students are expected to meet or exceed all district learner outcomes. STRIVE and ALC 9 teachers work as a team to design lessons that capture students' attention and challenge them to succeed.
Learning is an adventure at STRIVE and ALC 9
From the peaks of Mount Everest to the depths of the oceans, students will challenge the boundaries of their world while being immersed in experiential learning. Our students study plants, animals, history, culture, literature, art and characteristics unique to discovery.
Our team of specially-trained teachers work hard to make learning fun and keep students engaged. Lessons are designed around students' interests, covering topics like Grasslands and Westward Expansion, the Exploration of Baseball, and the Science of Superheroes.
STRIVE and ALC 9 offer:
- A supportive and encouraging environment.
- Small class sizes and more one-on-one time with teachers.
- Interdisciplinary education in which several subjects are integrated around a specific theme.
- Differentiated Instruction in which instruction is tailored to the individual needs of each student.
- Service learning opportunities and partnerships with Warner Nature Center and other community organizations.